Upgrades and additions:
- Social 1.2 - photo and video upload improvements, though 1.3 is now available as a patch to this, as we reported on here
- Ovi Store 2.0 preloaded - direct access, no launcher anymore
- New Ovi Maps data (#25) - bringing new navigable countries, though note that this is still v3.4. If you want multi-touch and wi-fi country preloading, then head to Nokia Beta Labs for v3.6
- Quickoffice 6.4.166, with free editing licence on the N8, and improved zooming functions, Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653
- Web updated to 18.104.22.168, minor fixes
- Big update to Nokia Email; performance improved; more visible 'unread emails' flag added to homescreen widget; meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations; maps integration, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite
- Multiple general performance improvements
- Dialler now works in landscape mode
- Landscape qwerty layout altered to promote '@' character in many language versions (some other character placements have been juggled)
- You can now 'Change wallpaper' directly from the 'Options' on the homescreen(s), rather than having to go via 'Edit homescreen'
- Enhanced music player screensaver (shows track name and bar in cycled colours)
- Charging indicator keeps going up when you disconnect charger under some circumstances
- Battery indicator algorithm tweaked to be more linear (i.e. the old 'six bars and then it dies ten minutes later' syndrome is hopefully banished)
- Problem with video streaming from web sites
- Smoother video camera zooming (remember there's intelligent interpolation as well, so this isn't a gimmick)
- SMS message stuck in outbox
- MMS messages fail to send and get stuck in outbox
- Device does not restore all settings after retuning from power saving mode
- Screen image sometimes corrupted when you scroll up/down in Quickoffice
- Minor N8 charging issues
- Music player and Photos issues
- Set "save sent messages" as 'No', but actually they still get saved.
- Breathing light now optimised to 'breathe' only when screensaver is set to none or the phone is in powersaver mode
- Animated screensaver option removed
- Charging indicator erroneous when charging with power off
- Web browser crashes when encoding is set to "Thai (TIS-620)"
- Problem with National Geographic 'web TV'
- Phone freezes when you insert the letter É inside a Social network
- All Widgets disappear after updating Social network and you set "Thai" UI
Bron: All About Symbian
Mocht je nog geen notificatie hebben ontvangen op je toestel, dan kun je deze ook zelf laten zoeken naar de update. Kies Menu, Toepassignen, Sw-update. Hiermee kun je zoeken naar updates. Alternatief, kies bellen en dan *#0000#.
Het is vanzelfsprekend aan te raden een backup te maken, maar deze update kan 'over the air' worden uitgevoerd en al je instellingen blijven (normaal gesproken) bewaard.